Monday 30 August 2010

Labour of Love!

I have been in my pjs all day sewing, cutting, arranging and I don't seem to have finished anything!

My latest quilt adventure is certainly turning out to be a true labour of love...160 half square triangles all stitched in place now (yeahhhhh!!!) and so have the 80 nine patch blocks (OMG!)


anyway, all done now, ironed and ready to be sewn into the borders. The last challenge will be the Sunburst Block with the funny little plastic templates...I might lose heart or my mind at this point!!!

The next photo is of one of my Kaffe Fassett quilts that Ferret quilted for me...it is a very luscious yummy quilt and the binding has just be sewn on.....


and that is the backing fabric:


I finally also made a start on a quilt I have been thinking about for a while to cheer me up through the winter and here is a snapshot of it:

It contains some 'out of print' fabric (can you spot the birds? - Summer in the City) and I love all the fabrics on it...it is huge and BRIGHT!!!!

anyway, bedtime now...
Amelie zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Hi A. allthose half square triangles and nine patch blocks is definetly a labour of love. and all pressed, a busy bank holiday for you. would like to see when completed. hope to catch up soon.
    Erin.x

    ReplyDelete

Visitors to my blog!