Well, Miriam from my Bee Europa 2011 group asked for a block that would be inspired by the great man Miro' himself. I love Miro' and he always reminds me of 1994 when I did a brief spell of teaching psychoanalytic studies at the University of Sofia and one of the friends I made out there gave me Miro's book as a gift....
Here is what I made:
The process for this block involved the usual:
1. Fear that I cannot do this.. :-(
2. Drawing about 100 silly drawings (cannot draw to save my life...) :-(
3. Loads of ideas and taking the Miro' book to bed every night....
4. Grandiose thoughts of loads of curved foundation piecing...
5. Proper planning that involve a 'map' like this (not 100% followed to the letter):
This was a large envelope which I split open so I could get the size paper I needed!!! I also ironed some freezer paper to the window part!!!! Necessity is indeed the mother of invention!!!
6. About 6 different models of the most complicated parts
7. Final execution!!! Yippeeeeee
The block measures 12.5 x 12.5 and it contains a number of techniques such as curved piecing, foundation piecing, some poor intepretation of the concave/convex idea of making circles and LOADS of imagination...
The Miro' painting this is (very loosely) based on is called "Personages and Dog before the Sun"...my sun is a deep purple but then again...I have not seen the sun all day today...how is a girl to remember everything?!!!!
Miriam, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!