What a gorgeous man he is and how lucky was I to construct something under his very experienced gaze?
and finally to the big moment of the day when Kaffe spoke individually about every quilt in particular relation to the choice of colour for the tiny squares that will finish off the Snowball quilt: (please excuse the bad camerawoman job...i was standing on a chair and was trying to get the whole thing in over people's heads!!!)
Liza Prior Lucy was also there helping the confused students like myself along and here she is holding up a wonderful applique quilt she has made with Kaffe's fabrics (WOW):
We talked about colour, we talked about Kaffe working day night with little sleep and disliking people who 'dillydally'(my word!) people who take loooooooooooads of time to think about what goes where as opposed to putting everything up on the design wall (I need one esperately!!!) and then working until it all blends well together.
Key pieces of advice as I heard it on the day:
1. Get on with it and don't dillydally
2. Cut and put pieces up without too much thought (music is a good distraction)
3. Your eyes will fall in the hole of the fabric that does not belong with the rest
4. Get yourself a reducing glass, they are AMAZING. Best gadget to date!
5. Book yourself on a day with Kaffe...he is sooooo lovely
6. If you have not been to the V&A yet, it is a MUST.
I could barely sleep on Friday night after he said that he really liked my quilt!!! am such a baby! ;-)